en

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

OK, this Scott MacMillan business is really getting out of control! Yesterday Doug Arellanes implicitly congratulated me on writing such a witty rejoinder ("born in a log cabin, the daughter of wandering gypsies...") to the false Scott MacMillans. Thing is, I didn't write that post! You can tell because my name is spelled wrong.

(Amazing how people never seem to pay attention to whether it's Mc or Mac; even my great-grandfather, George Garfield McMillan, switched back and forth depending on his mood. I myself am a stickler about it. It even touches a nerve when people don't capitalize the second M.)

Anyway, I also know now that Doug wasn't the only one who thought that post was written by me. And today I received an email from my friend David, who writes:

I was just on Doug Arellanes' blog and saw that he thought the post I wrote on PTV (that you were "born
in a log cabin", etc.) was really from you! How funny. That fact that I misspelled your name in different ways was lost on him I guess (as was its humor on the guy who wrote the next post).
Dude!!! *I* wrote the next post!