en

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Right, so, anyway. Not much happenning around these parts but thanks for checking it, good to know that you care and all.

Yesterday or the day before I was walking down the street, downtown Cairo again of course, and I hear this guy behind me making that awful phlegm-clearing sound. You know the one--I heard non-stop in Aleppo, but it's all-too-common around here, as well.

Except this guy keeps doing it. Instead of spitting, he just keeps yacking and yacking. So I turn around and do my best to try to give him a dirty look, because believe it or not, I still find it sort of gross.

And check it out. He's covered in blood.

When I say he's covered in blood, I don't mean he had a bloody nose or some blood on his face. I mean his face, head and entire upper body is completely drenched in blood, like he's been standing in the front row at a Gwar concert or was an extra in a B-horror flick or had just been, well, swimming in a pool of blood.

Maybe it wasn't his own blood, maybe it was from a chicken or a sheep, or maybe it was just--something else the color and consistency of blood, I don't know. But it looked awfully bloody to me.

Nobody really made a scene, although one guy pointed at him, and he soon started to run down the street on ahead of me. I don't know where he went off to and I had no idea what to make of it. Strange town.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dantravels said...

Yeah, i hear you leave cats to die in the street, too. I guess you have graduated to a higher level of conciousness.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home