en

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I just read Arnold Schwarzenegger's "The Education of an American," a speech he gave in September 2001. I'm beginning to like the guy. Don't laugh. I'm being totally serious. Read it. Yes, this is a guy who sees the world in pretty broad strokes. But unlike most public figures, he at least pretends to be humbled by his own experience, which is a quality I admire.

You know, I used to go around saying: "Everybody should pull himself up by his own bootstraps - just like I did!"

What I learned about this country is this: Not everybody has boots.
I don't know anything about California politics, and I don't really care to learn too much, but I have a feeling it won't be the end of the world if the meathead's elected. (Which seems to be far from a sure thing, says Matt Welch. I got the link above from the comments on his blog.)

Oh yeah. I saw the Terminator last night. Review coming later.