en

Monday, October 06, 2003

Somebody left this article on my desktop, and I've been meaning to read it but haven't gotten around to it, so I'm just going to blog it instead so I can close the window. It's about hiking through Mongolia. I've always wanted to go to Mongolia. By the way, if you happen to be at Tulip Cafe and you happen to notice a smallish woman with South Asian skin tone sitting at the bar chatting with the staff (in Czech), that's our former bartendress, Michele India Klail. She's one of the most fascinating people I've ever met. She's saving her dough for a big four-year hike across Asia and Europe, starting in Northern China, crossing Mongolia (and the Gobi Desert), on into Russia, where she'll take the train to the Baltics and start walking again. She's Canadian, but her dad is Czech and her mom is from Zanzibar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home