en

Friday, December 12, 2003

Writing the post below, I suddenly remembered this funny anecdote from last Sunday, when I was watching the crowd filter into Tulip (I really gotta re-do that web site, I know) for Prague Ensemble Theatre's Second Sundays, a musical theatre review that takes place at Tulip every (duh) second Sunday of the month.

Now I know what you're thinking: Scott, last Sunday was the first Sunday of the month, so you must be lying. Why should we trust you with anything now. Actually, this was a special Christmas performance, and the show is going on as usual this Sunday, and I'm actually going to stay and watch it this time (yes, I bought tickets like everbody else) even though I generally think musical theatre is the corniest thing ever.

Anyway, so I'm standing there watching people filter in, and when the director, the wonderful Cathy Meils, introduces me to Alan Levy, the editor of the Prague Post.

"Yes, we've met before, at Karlovy Vary. I'm Scott, if you don't remember," I said, holding out my hand.

"Yes, yes, I remember... Karlovy Vary and Prognosis," he said, shaking my hand.

The weird thing is that I never had anything to do with Prognosis. I didn't even live in Prague went that paper was published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home