en

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Two nice tidbits via Dr. Frank:

1. Michael Beirut of Design Observer writes about The Book (Cover) That Changed My Life: The mystically enigmatic mustard-on-maroon cover of The Catcher in the Rye, a book cover that goes some way (though not all the way) toward explaining how and why the book assumed Biblical importance in the minds of adolescent readers.

2. Why Van Halen had a clause in their contract demanding that M&Ms be provided backstage - with the brown ones removed. I am dead certain this information will come in useful some day. (And who knew that David Lee Roth knew the meaning of the word "tertiary"?)

*

In other news, I noticed the house I'm living in has a fire extinguisher upstairs that was manufactured in 1964. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it hasn't been used, refilled or moved substantially from its present location since then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home