en

Thursday, April 03, 2003

So I'm reading this article by IHT's Joseph Fitchett and I get to this paragraph:

"Other leading British companies - for example, Vodaphone, Europe's largest cell phone operator - have all been cited as eyeing the Iraqi market. But a telecommunications industry executive in London voiced fears that Washington seeks in Iraq to impose U.S. companies in sectors like cell phones, where trans-Atlantic differences in technology and standards can create barriers to a free postwar market."

I don't like where this is going. Jesus, could you imagine getting charged for incoming calls on your mobile in post-war Iraq? Or if you had as much trouble sending SMS's between different networks as you do in the US? Man, that would suck! And we're supposed to be liberating these people?!? (My mom recently asked me for my "SMS address" -- huh? -- she insisted it should to have a @ sign in it! As if!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home