en

Thursday, November 06, 2003

Zbigniew Brzezinski on Bush's foreign policy: "We cannot have that relationship if we only dictate or threaten and condemn those who disagree. … We should seek to cooperate with Europe, not to divide Europe into a fictitious 'new' and a fictitious 'old.'… While America is paramount, it isn't omnipotent. We need the Europeans. We need the European Union."

It's true. If you think for a second this "new" and "old" Europe thing isn't a lot of horseshit, I submit you're just plain clueless. (I wrote about this -- somewhat confusingly, as usual -- for Slate way back in the heady days of February. I just re-read that piece. I think I know what I'm trying to say, even if I don't say it very well.)

I also dig it when writers like Fred Kaplan use the word "Thucydides." Try saying it out loud. See? That so cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home