en

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Two months ago I got some comments about The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn that I only read just now.

I regret to say that I never got far with the book. I don't know why, it just hasn't pulled me in yet. I could be convinced to keep plowing through, however.

I remember having the same trouble with The Sound and the Fury until it hit me like a .... like a... like a big speeding tractor how good it was. As I recall, that happened during the part where the little kid keeps following the main guy (Quentin, I guess) down those dirt roads and durn it won't leave 'im the heck alone.

I might as well follow my free-associative chain now and link to this super smutty post I now recall, posted by The Rude Pundit on the old Confederacy's anti-sex-toy legislation: "So Caddy Compson, for instance, could own a mini-rabbit that, perhaps, Quentin could control with a remote, but she couldn't offer to sell one to Dilsey...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home