en

Monday, May 08, 2006

I have many blog reflections but lack the time to flesh them out fully. Like: Chemistry's a funny thing. I had a friend in Cairo with whom I had a fair amount of that. But it never really mattered for a bunch of reasons. When we met, I was engaged and she was just getting over a broken engagement. Then my engagement unexpectedly ended. For a few days, neither one of us were engaged. Then I flew to Prague and Kiev and while I was away, she got back together with her ex-fiance. Now she's engaged and I'm just getting over a broken engagement. Our timing's always wrong, she said. Indeed. Absolutely nothing ever happened, which is a good thing because she'll only marry a Muslim and it's safe to say the two of us have very nearly incompatible value systems. So I was glad and not glad at the same time. Sometime's the timing off, sometimes the outlook on life is all off, sometimes everything's all off but you can't deny there's something you can't quite put your finger on, which I guess is what people mean when they say "chemistry." That's the only point I'm making. I wish I could say more. I would say more, but it would take a while to tell the story properly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usually that kind of chemistry is best left alone, anyway. It would just morph into something else, likely less pleasant, if you acted on it. Better just to savor it as is - just quietly bask in it.

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home