en

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I'm seeing a rather nightmarish week unfolding ahead of me.

First things first. I totally admit it: I'm a fair-weather Red Sox fan. Heck, I couldn't even name five current members of the team, although for whatever it's worth, I could easily tell you 90% of the 1986 roster. But if the Red Sox stand stand a chance of winning the World Series, there's absolutely no way in hell I'm going to miss that game. Doing anything else would betray the 12-year-old Scott, who is just now passing admonishing notes scribbled on 7th-grade notepads to me through teseracts.

So here's my worse-goes-to-worst prediction. Red Sox win again on Tuesday. I am thus forced to stay up until 6 a.m. on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday to watch them lose four successive games to the Cardinals. (Did I mention I live in Europe?)

Come now, that's sooooo unlikely, you say. Almost unprecedented in baseball history! Such a thing hasn't happened since... last week.

So. I figured it'll take all days Monday and Tuesday to recover. Then on Tuesday night I'll be up until daybreak again, this time waiting for some godforsaken TV network in some godforsaken land to call an election in Wisconsin or Ohio or whichever godforsaken state is supposed to decide the presidency this year.

*

I just went off on a nostalgic web-surfing tangent, admiring how entertaining my blog used to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home